7-9 August 2017
Population Studies Center "Elza Berquó" (Nepo)
University of Campinas (Unicamp)
Campinas - Sao Paulo / Brazil
Call for papers
A two-day International Seminar on "Mortality: Past, Present and Future" held in Campinas - Brazil on August 7-8, 2017.
Organized by the IUSSP panel on lifespan extension with varying causes of death trajectories in collaboration with Nepo at the University of Campinas, CEDEPLAR at Federal University of Minas Gerais, and PPGDEM / CCET at Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte in Brazil; The Australian National University; The Max Planck Center Odense on the Biodemography of Aging, Denmark.
They are organizing the two-day International Seminar "Mortality: Past, Present and Future" on 7-8 August 2017, Followed with a one day Workshop on Hands-on-date with developments in programing is R-demographic analysis (August 9) , at the University of Campinas, Brazil.
The seminar will focus on themes related to mortality analysis, causes of death, evaluation of data quality and mortality forecasting methodologies, giving attention to old and new methodologies applied in countries with defective date.
Aims and objectives of the seminar:
• To present studies on the past and present of mortality and causes of death.
• To highlight new methodologies on mortality forecasting.
• To discuss possible forecasting methodologies to be used for countries with defective date.
This Workshop / Seminar is an attempt to bring together international scholars on a single platform to discussion on the issues cited above.
Guidelines for abstract and extended abstract submission:
1. All submissions must be made in MS Word or PDF format.
2. The language of the conference is English and preference will be Given to submissions written in this language. However, submissions will be accepted Also in Spanish or Portuguese, That the conditional oral presentation will be in Inglês (NO simultaneous translation available).
3. The first page shouldnt contain the information of the authors, title & abstract only. The abstract should not Exceed 350 words. The contributor (s) Provide Should kindly Their name / s, affiliation, and contact information.
4. The extended abstract should not Exceed 1,000 words (~ 3 A-4 size pages typed in double space).
No Registration Fee
Costs: During the seminar meals are covered by the event organizers. Accommodation and travel costs shouldnt be Obtained by participant's institution / department, funding agencies or any other sort of sponsoring.
• Deadline for submitting extended abstract: 20th May
• Notification of accepted papers: 30th May
• International Seminar and Workshop: 7-9 August 2017
More Information: http://www.nepo.unicamp.br/eventos/2017/mortality/call_for_papers.pdf